Types of Hacking
We can segregate hacking into different categories, based on what is being hacked. Here are set of examples :-
- Website Hacking – Hacking a website means taking unauthorized control over a web server and its associated software such as databases and other interfaces.
- Network Hacking – Hacking a network means gathering information about a network by using tools like Telnet, NS Lookup, Ping, Tracert, Netstat, etc. with the intent to harm the network system and hamper its operation.
- Email Hacking – It includes getting unauthorized access on an email account and using it without taking a consent of its owner.
- Ethical Hacking – Ethical hacking involves finding weaknesses in a network system or computer for testing purpose and finally getting them fixed.
- Password Hacking – This is the process of recovering secret passwords from data that has been stored in or transmitted by a computer system.
- Computer Hacking – This is the process of stealing computer ID and password by applying hacking methods and getting unauthorized access to a computer system.
Bineet is the Web & Software Developer, he spends his day closely following the Telecom and Technology Industry. He likes to write about technology and share his views in front of public. He is a tech geek and tries to learn more and more about technology.